Precise Office-Based Therapy
NeuroStar® Advanced Therapy for Mental Health uses TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) to stimulate neurons in the area of the brain that controls mood.12,16 Patients receive NeuroStar Advanced Therapy in a physician’s office without the need for general anesthesia or sedation. NeuroStar’s proprietary components and software are designed to precisely and consistently deliver the recommended treatment dose.
Efficient, Convenient Treatment
NeuroStar Advanced Therapy is delivered while the patient is awake and alert and has no effect on alertness, allowing the patient to drive and resume daily activities immediately following each treatment session.10
What is NeuroStar TMS Therapy
- Uses precisely targeted magnetic pulses
- Stimulates key areas of the brain that are underactive in patients with depression
- Is conducted right in the doctor’s office
Facts about NeuroStar TMS Depression Treatment
- Patients are awake and alert during treatment
- Patients can go back to their normal activities immediately after treatment
- In-office treatment takes 19 minutes
- Treatment is administered 5 days a week, for approximately 4 to 6 weeks
- While there may be some minor discomfort at the treatment site (where the device touches your head), it generally subsides within the first week of treatment
DETAILED DIAGNOSTICS FOR ACCURATE RESULTS.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy is an FDA-cleared safe and effective non-drug depression treatment for patients who are not satisfied with the results of standard drug therapy. This novel treatment option provides benefits without the side effects often associated with antidepressant medication
Learn More About NeuroStar TMS
- With over 740 NeuroStar systems providing therapy, and more than one million treatments performed, this novel treatment approach to achieving remission is bringing new hope to patients every day.
- NeuroStar TMS Therapy may not be right for everyone. Talk to a NeuroStar physician about how this proven depression treatment can help and whether it is right for you.
- Learn how NeuroStar TMS Therapy has helped reduce symptoms in people living with depression.
- If you would like to learn more about TMS therapy, please contact our office to set up a consult.